First things first, I cannot claim this as my recipe as it's from Mary Berry's Everyday cook book. However, it's such a great dessert, looks fantastic and is so quick and easy to rustle up I had to share.
• 25g butter
• 60g amaretti or digestives
• 100g full fat cream cheese
• 150ml double cream
• 2 tablespoons of rum (white)
• 25g icing sugar
• juice and zest of 1 large lime
• Mint leaves to decorate
Top tip - I like to give generous portions so to make 6 servings double the above.
Quick utensil check
• Measuring scales, jug and spoons
• Electric whisk
• Martini glasses
You're ready to crush and whip
• Measure out your ingredients and grate and juice your lime. Make sure you leave a sprinkling of the lime zest to one side as you will be adding this to the top of your mojito once assembled.
• Crush your biscuits. I usually pop them in a freezer bag and give them a good old bash with a rolling pin. Once crushed leave a couple of tablespoons to one side as you will need this to decorate the top of your mojito.
• Melt the butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and add your crushed biscuits, coating them with the melted butter. Leave to one side to cool.
• For the topping, pop your cream cheese, along with the cream into your bowl and whisk until both have combined. Then add your lime zest, icing sugar and rum and mix. Add your lime juice and mix again, until thickened.
You're ready to assemble
Pop a layer of your crushed biscuit mixture into the bottom of your martini glass followed by a generous dollop of your cream mixture. Finish off with a sprinkling of the biscuit, lime zest and top with a sprig of mint.