The plum mixture
• 800g ripe cooking plums halved and stoned
• 50g light brown sugar
• Finely grated zest of 1 orange
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp plain flour
• 250g plain flour
• 150g butter (salted)
• 80g caster sugar
• 80g demerara sugar
Quick utensil check
• A blender or your hands will do
• Measuring scales and spoons
• Mixing bowl
• Baking dish
Let's get ready to crumble!
• Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
• Halve and stone the plums and pop them in your baking dish.
• Mix together the sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and flour and sprinkle over the plums, finishing off with a trickle of water (about 2 tbsp). Leave to one side.
• Put all the crumble ingredients into a food processor or you can use your hand and whizz or rub until the mixture starts to clump together.
• Scatter the crumble over the plum mixture and bake in the oven for 30–40 mins or until golden brown.
• Make sure you leave for about 15 mins before serving.
• Serve in a Summery type glass and top with either cream or ice cream. You can also eat this cold, it's just as good.